Monday 17 March 2014

DIY Cherry Kool Aid Lip Stain

There are some DIYs that I just cannot ignore and when one of my close friends told me that the lip stain she was wearing, which looked absolutely gorgeous, was made from Kool Aid, I could not resist stopping at the grocery store on my way home for a package of Kool Aid and giving this DIY lip stain a try. I absolutely love this DIY cherry Kool Aid lip stain and I hope you will as well.


For this DIY, you will need:
-A small, airtight container with lid (the one I used was either from Michael's or CanWax)
-A carrier oil such as extra virgin olive oil or almond oil (I chose almond oil, however next time I think I will try using olive oil)
-Cherry Kool Aid powder
-Vitamin E Oil (Optional)
-A mixing tool (I used a butter knife)

Start by adding the Kool Aid crystals to your container. I filled my container about 1/4 of the way. Then add your oil. Mix well. You can continue to add oil and Kool Aid powder until you are happy with both the consistency and color. For extra moisture, add a drop of Vitamin E oil.

Apply the lip stain to your lips using a Q-Tip. Store the product covered in a cool and dry place. As with any DIY beauty product, discard upon any signs of change.


In the container my lip stain looked very dark, it really reminded me of the color of cherries and I was worried I may have messed up this DIY and I prepared myself for lips that looked more purple than red. However, as you can see in the picture above, upon application, the dark cherry look fades into the desired shade of red.


Alternatively, you can create an instant DIY cherry Kool Aid lip stain by dipping a wet finger into cherry Kool Aid powder and rubbing it into your lips.

What are you waiting for? Go rock those red lips!

XOXO
LAUREN

2 comments:

  1. OMG this DIY looks so yum & really interesting
    I would have never thought of it!
    Can you use any Koolaid for this?

    Nice blog! check mine out also?
    If you decide to follow, leave a comment & I'll follow back :)

    SNJ

    www.thecrocusflowers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, and for leaving a comment. I expect you can use any Kool Aid for this. I chose cherry, not only because that is what my friend had used and I liked the look, but for the most part, I trusted it would turn out to be some shade of red. Next time, I may try mixing two colors or playing around with it a bit more. If you try it, let me know what you use.

      I'm following you on BlogLovin', Twitter, Tumblr and Pinterest. If you'd like to follow back I am at -http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11884109 (BlogLovin)
      http://www.pinterest.com/laurenhwrites/ (Pinterest), @laurenhwrites (Twitter) and laurenhillwrites.tumblr.com (Tumblr).

      Again, thanks for visiting.

      x

      Delete

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com